Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scrapping With Sprays – A picture tut!

Well my friends…this is a first!  I scrapbooked today!
In honor of National Scrapbooking Day this Saturday and it being celebrated at CTMH all this month, I felt I should take the plunge and go ahead and do that which does not come naturally to me…SCRAP!
I have never been a scrapbook fan.  I have never had the desire, but this was a challenge I was willing to take on!  As I am though, I had to do MORE than “just” make a page…I enjoyed what I was doing so much I thought I would share how and WHY I got this idea and it has NOTHING to do with scrapbooking in and of itself!
You see, a while back, see this post here for more information, I bought a Cuttlebug!  I recently bought the Tim Holtz die Tattered Flowers.  I was making something cool with those last night and I was left with the “negative”.  This morning when I was putting things away I thought, what can I do with these?
Here is a picture tutorial of what I did with mine!
Kraaft Shaak_0182
First, cut dies from paper.  The same thing can be done from Cricut cuts too!  Just saying  Winking smile
Remove the dies and use them for whatever you were planning before you read this post.
BUT DO NOT THROW AWAY THAT NEGATIVE!!!
Kraaft Shaak_0183
I made several and then taped them together.  You may want to make sure you are preparing a 12X12 or use the organic size like I did.  Up to you.
Kraaft Shaak_0184
Now, be sure to prep your surrounding area.  I used my craft mat from Ranger and a garden tray I use to catch the over spray…but a box works so much better.  Just hard to photograph!  Oh, the things we do for our fame!
NOW…spray!
Kraaft Shaak_0185
I used a lovely bunch of colors for mine…all from Lindy’s Stamp Gang but you can use what you have.  Even, create your own using re-inkers!
Kraaft Shaak_0186
Remove the mask (the negative) and then let it dry or if you are impatient like I am, use a heat tool to speed things up!
Kraaft Shaak_0188
When it is dry, and under better lighting, you can see all the sparkle and shine that is so wonderful about LSG.  It is now set and won’t smudge or smear on me either!  LOVE THAT!
Kraaft Shaak_0189
Then I saw those sparkly negatives and thought…”How can I just let that beauty go to waste?  Not gonna do it!  Get out the trimmer!”
Kraaft Shaak_0190
Here is the completed page.  I know it isn’t a super prize winner but it was fun!  I love to spray stuff!  I also like that this picture from way back when is now in a book and telling it’s story.  Hmmm, maybe there is something to this scrappin’ stuff after all!
Kraaft Shaak_0191

a few close ups of the details and the sparkle!  I used three of the flowers from the dies and created this one with the brad holding them together.  I inked the edges and sprayed all of them too then just bent the edges for dimension.
Kraaft Shaak_0193
Up close of the stamp…I was sure to stamp using Archival ink so I did not get any smearing and the clean crisp image would stay sharp.  See all the sparkles from the sprays?



So, how are you stepping out of your comfort zone?  What kind of project are you planning for your scrapbooking celebrations?  Do you even scrap?  Want to?
That is a lot of questions, but I am eager to see who would like to join in…so let’s be sure to share with us and include a link to visit yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!