Tuesday, April 10, 2012

To Do List Tuesday

Well my friends, I am starting a new series here at the Shaak titled,, “To Do List Tuesdays”

Each week we will tackle those nagging items on the To Do List.  First, let’s start with the LIST!  My list is a long one, probably why I started this series, but I encourage you to just jot down an item or two you know you should get done this month and we will try to hold each other accountable.  I am only listing part of mine at the moment…there are many items not worth blogging about.

April 11, 2012 … Here is my list:

1. Finish Creative Chemistry 101, wrap up the binder and photo all tags and post about it.

2. Label all inks so they are easier to use.

3. Create and/or Prep – Kids Kraaft (May), Kids Scrap, 2 page layout, card café, sew & sew.

4. Package kits

5. Create labels for display case

 

Well, as you can see it is kinda boring.  The idea here is to get the list out there, see it and then check myself to stay on task.  I will keep you posted on how I do.

 

Now for the fun!  I have been taking the online class CC101 – the link is over to the left if you want to do it too- I kept running into issues with what he was teaching and what I had on hand.  The hard part is living in a town with one tiny store that carries NO Ranger products.  The good news, I have a dear sweet hubby who felt it was worth the drive and took me to Bozeman Saturday to get my hands on the goods.  The thing was, I needed to pick up and touch the items used so I could see them and know for sure if I felt I NEEDED them or could just get away with what I had on hand.  We were able to spend the day together (and he even got to go into some wood working stores) while perusing the craft aisles.  We had a good time and thanks to coupons and discounts I spent very little but I brought home a lot.

KraaftShaak2012_0097

you can see all the Ranger goodies and a few others I just HAD to have  Smile

The fun was about to begin and tags were about to be completed when at the door came a knock!  Mr. Fed Ex was delivering a package!  My part of the tax return had arrived!

KraaftShaak2012_0101

see all the crafting fun?  Oh my dear sweet cuttlebug, how I have coveted you for months now!

 

Finally, I am able to do nearly all the tags!  I set my jaw firm and applied my head phones and got to craftin.  It was tons of fun and very educational.  I did 4 days worth in one sitting!  This is just one of the techniques I did.  It is called Rusted Enamel.  The tag on the left was my first attempt.  I did not do it right, but as you can see in the second one it clearly looks rusted!

KraaftShaak2012_0098Rusted Enamel

I was able to complete my binder, get all the .pdf documents printed and 3 hole punched.  The tags…well, as many as I could complete are done.  I still have 10 to do and only 3 are possible, for now!  I am going to call this one done though and cross it off my list.  I hope you enjoy the pictures and be sure to comment…I love comments!

KraaftShaak2012_0103

all the tags I have done, a few Trav did with me, and my binder!

KraaftShaak2012_0105

one of my faves (only a couple were not faves) Crackle Paint Resist

KraaftShaak2012_0107

Wow!  That Rock Candy Crackle Paint makes the Shattered Stains Technique look very hard to do!

KraaftShaak2012_0108

I should have ironed off the embossing to make this a true Nostalgic Batik Technique, but I just loved it too much just as it was!

KraaftShaak2012_0110

Day 6 – Markers!  I would love to spend money on Distress Markers.  I would love it even more if they were available (new product) however, I didn’t have ‘em and I was not waiting to do this one…so I grabbed what I had next to me, CRAYOLA MARKERS!  Yep, that is was I got when I used them!  The only thing was the second part of this 3 part technique day I was unable to do using the Crayolas and I think having Distress would have been nice for that, but the rest turned out great!

KraaftShaak2012_0111

This technique, Alcohol Ink Agates on Day 3, was fun.  Travis decided to join me and made this one.  Mine was too silver, and I really did not listen to the instructions.  Fortunately, Travis is better than I am and he did this one PERFECTLY!  His has just enough gold to give it shimmer, but the colors show through just right!

KraaftShaak2012_0112

Finally, Perfect Splatter Distress Technique, I think this was on my ‘all time fave’ list because although I did not have Perfect Pearls I did have Lindy’s Stamp Gang – Magicals (the teal shimmery splatters you see) and I know Ranger products are good and Tim showed us just how to use them, I felt I did not need to buy them and would go with what I had.  I am glad I did because I had been struggling with using these Magicals.  Now I am making lovelies all over the place!

To Do List Tuesday UPDATE

April 11, 2012 … Here is my list:

1. Finish Creative Chemistry 101, wrap up the binder and photo all tags and post about it.

2. Label all inks so they are easier to use.

3. Create and/or Prep – Kids Kraaft (May), Kids Scrap, 2 page layout, card café, sew & sew.

4. Package kits

5. Create labels for display case

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic tags Heather and well done on starting to cross off your todo list - nice shopping too !!!!

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda, fun to do them and of course it is well when a line goes THROUGH the items ont he list!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely Fantabulous Heather!!! I love your story & I love the inspiration on the To-Do list. I'm afraid to post mine lol :D
    Your work of heART is amazing & I love how you shared what you used, what worked & how you went about it. Thank you so much for sharing.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nichole, your words are always so encouraging. I was intimidated to post my to do list and said to myself, "Maybe then you will DO them!" so I jumped on it. We shall see next week how it goes LOL

      Delete
  3. You might not have done the blue tag the way it was taught, but I think it is LOVELY!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to try and make time at my art desk tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Anna, I hope you were inspired to create!

      Delete
  4. Hi Heather. I just joined as a follower. I love your tags. Especially the metallic crackle paint :) Jen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. It means a lot to me when people choose to follow! I loved that one too...really hard to choose only ONE favorite! :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!