Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Taking a Tim Holtz Class!

This is so stinking cool!

I signed up a couple days ago to take an online class with the infamous Tim Holtz!  Although I missed out on the LIVE sessions (not that HE was live, but everyone was discovering together each day) I am super excited!
Here is a blurb from the class description...
                                  
Embrace your creative freedom as you take the journey of artistic discovery with Tim Holtz!

Have you ever wondered what the difference is between many of Ranger’s inks, paints, and powders, and what makes them work? Well then this is the workshop for you!

In Creative Chemistry 101 Tim Holtz teaches the “science” behind it all. This class will give you the confidence to experiment with an abundance of techniques and give you ideas for ways to use all the creative mediums in your stash. This jam-packed online workshop is your front row seat to 100% technique know-how.

Complete with videos, downloadable tips and tricks, and printable technique labels – this is not your typical project based class. In fact it’s more of an artful exploration where our main objective is the mastering of technique as we focus on creating technique tag swatches with step by step instruction labels on the back. These handy tags will be a useful tool for you to reference on all of your future projects and take the guess work out of how to do it all.

No doubt there will be some inspiration to apply these along the way, but the objective is to share the creative chemistry no lab coat required…

Throughout this workshop something to keep in mind (and I’ll say it over and over) is that this is all about technique. Our goal here is not to just make pretty things, our goal is to understand the “how’s & why’s” of the products too – you know, the “Creative Chemistry” of it all? I will be working on a tag for each technique, and there will be step by step instructions for you to print out and adhere to the back of each tag for quick reference. I will be sharing this information through a series of videos with a more personal approach. I’ll provide some insight of my creative ways of thinking, the process behind techniques, and a tour of my own creative space with storage ideas, and more.

I began yesterday and learned a lot about my own product stash!  Then today I am not feeling so good, but I just wanted to do something fun so I chose to do Day 2!

I am so glad I did!

Here are DAY 2 RESULTS
To learn more about the class or to register and take it along with me, please visit CC101

I will be sharing more of these as I get them done...see you soon!

edit:  I decided to try something...

DAY 2 ROUND 2

I just had to see what would happen if I used the CTMH (Close To My Heart) ink pads.  I only have 3 colors in the Distress Inks by Ranger.  So, as Mr. Holtz taught us, I am using what I have now that I know the chemistry behind each product I own.  What an amazing result!

Same 3 techniques...totally different results using color!

Blended Spritz & Flick

Brushless Watercolor

Wrinkle Free Distress

I made a boo boo on the second one and to fix it I crumpled the watercolor paper and it looks so worn and tattered now...LOVE IT!

So, what are you creating today?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Day 2 Tags! Color combo is awesome...I'm really excited to see all the cool things that you learn along your journey :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just cut out a bunch of tags from manilla folders (too lazy to go to the Mart to get some postal tags) with my Cricut.. time to get INKY!

    E.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!