Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weekend of Kraafting Produces Fun Today!

Well gang, it surely has been some time since you saw any creativity on this blog.  I have to admit, I was not sure if I was going to dump this endeavor or if I would jump in deeper.  I have recently made the decision to make some MAJOR changes to the Kraaft Shaak and as it stands right now, that includes this blog.  Before it gets too dreary, let me say the changes all amount to GREAT things!  I can not wait to unveil it all.

For now, I am going to post a menagerie of photos from a FABULOUS weekend of kraafting fun at Creative University 2012 hosted by Tresa Black who you can see at Fabulously Artsy.  This is only a glimpse of the fun we had and I don’t have complete project photos either, so you will just have to wait on that.  But for now enjoy the eye candy.

I will explain a few things in the pictures.  We had room mates and gave each other gifts.  We also participated in a thing called Secret Sisters which also got a lot of gift swapping going on.  The projects we did in classes were amazing including jewelry making and altering a CD tin into a photo album.  My roomies and I created a tree of charms for the creator of this event, Tresa.  There were boutiques where we were on our own to create the items provided for us.  One was a card boutique and the other was 20 techniques on 3X3 cards.  When I got home, I made sure to put them all together and they now hang for all to see in the Shaak! 

Now, I have a super cute project to share!  I learned the techniques used in this project at CU2012.

TB Card1

In this card you will see a couple techniques I learned at the technique boutique.  There were so many that thrilled me so, I just could not wait to get home and do more.  I taught the kids how to do this today and created this card to display the pretty result.

TB Card4

Erin at Inky Smiles taught us to stamp on black cardstock and then color with colored pencils to get this effect.  To really make it pop, use a white gel pen to give highlights.  I loved it! 

TB Card5

I used the super shiny glimmer spray we made under the instructive eye of Tresa Black to create the sentiment on the front and inside the card.

TB Card8

Finally I want to share a neat tip…If you look close, the words on the front and inside have a shadowy effect.  This was an awesome accident and I love it!  I felt you may want to know how I got it to do that. 

TB Card9

Well, it is so simple, you will laugh!  First, you need some cheap photo paper.  I am using matte finish in a pack I got from the dollar store.  I stamped the words in ink (CTMH Exclusive Inks Hydrangea used here) and it began to sorta blur or bleed together.  At first I liked the effect until I could not read the words much.  So I stamped over it using StazOn black and it created this shadow.  I LOVE IT!

I better get going.  There is still so much to create today!

I would love to see what you have been working on…be sure to share your work with us in your comment below.

What happy accidents are you relishing today?

3 comments:

  1. Love reading your entry on CU 2012! Please keep sharing I love what you did with the techniques and your story. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!! Love all those techniques you used on one item - GORGEOUS! Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post Heather. You captured CU12 in a wonderful way. Love the way you displayed the tech. cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!