Saturday, October 8, 2011

Our Very First Birthday Party!

There are so many things to share this week…I have hardly had time to enjoy the success besides tell the blogging world about it!
Instant gratification is found at the Facebook page, but not many details…here is where I give the ups and downs of the whole ordeal…so get to it already!!!!  I know!
So…I have been holding back on sharing this because I wanted to present this to you in a FULLY COMPLETE project and keep it a secret from my victim client.
First, my client was my dear friend and her daughter.  She came to me and asked if we could do a painting party for 8 five and under kiddos.  HECK YA! Second, she had some parameters…the little girl in question loves polka dots and pink and green.  Could I deal with that?  Oh you know I could!!!
I was willing and able and super SUPER excited to take on this challenge.
That night I began sketching out my ideas and I had trouble sleeping only because I really wanted to work on it right then and there!
I am going to let you into my brain for a minute…excuse the mess!scan0001scan0002scan0006
So now that you have seen the mess my brain makes on paper you are probably wondering How in the world did it turn out???  Oh I am more than happy to show you that!
But first…let me just say how much fun it was to hang out with a group little ones again.  My youngest son (I have three actually) turns 11 next week and although he is my darling little guy forever will be my baby he is not a baby anymore!  So when I say it was fun to be with little people for a day, I mean it!
We painted little plaster figures, created foam pennants using sticky foam decorations, we went bowling with extra large bowling set and we did musical chairs and duck duck goose and we had cupcakes and opened gifts.  Super fun time for sure…but I needed a nap when it was over!
Here are some of the pictures I took and then revamped on Picnik.com (love this site for sure) and even a few I collaged for the momma and for my shop portfolio…enjoy Smile
Best BuddiesBowling 1Bowling 2Bowling 3Bowling 4bowling 5Bowling 6Painting 1Craft 2 group 1CupcakesCupcakes 1Cupcakes 2CatherineKarsynRaymondVanessaReaganUnwrapping gifts 1Unwrapping gifts 2Unwrapping gifts 5unwrapping gifts 7Unwrpping gifts 3Group 2
My collages …
 Happy Bday CatKraaft Shaak Event 1scan0007
Now I want to share some up close shots of the projects I made for the birthday girl that we used as decorations…she then used them at her “family” party and it was awesome!
This is a typical birthday package décor pack.  All the items shown will be customized to YOUR event!
Invite FrontInvite Inside
You have to invite them…of course I include an extra for the scrapbook!
Birthday Set up 2BannerBanner closeup 1Banner Closeup 2Banner Closeup 3
Banner Closeup 4
Here is the banner I sketched earlier…yes!  That is how I roll!  Can’t you just see this in her room…yours will be tailored to your event!
Centerpiece and matching invite
The stuff  H A S to match of course!
Centerpiece Closeup 2Centerpiece Closeup 3Centerpiece closeup 1
Centerpiece
This was so cute…it came to me a few nights later…make a CUPCAKE centerpiece!
CupCake Toppers       Cup Cake Toppers
Toppers for the cupcakes in this case but if you want a cake topper I can do that too!  Let me know.
Painting SetupThe craft set up…this and the pennant craft were included in this package.  Your event will be what you want it to be,s o we can discuss just what you want to share with your guests…like maybe card making for older kids or scrapping night for moms!  We can work it out!

Well that was the Kraaft Shaak’s very first party package…what did you think?

On another note…
Remember friends, I am RE-Vamping The Blog in my Blogtoberfest adventure with Tresa Black over at Fabulously Artsy.  She is teaching us some cool stuff so head on over and work on yours!
This last weeks lesson … Taking Better Artwork Photos
Here is my BEFORE                        
340         Invite Front
                                                     Here is my AFTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!