Thursday, September 23, 2010

What is the Montana Craft Shack?

This is so exciting!
First I will introduce myself, Heather Corbitt.  I am a wife, a mom and a crafty chic.  I see blank walls, paper and other untouched surfaces and I can not help but think of how to create something beautiful there.  I have a passion for paper crafting but I also like to knit, quilting,  andI even dabble with a brush now and then on canvas or other "paintable" surfaces.  I am also learning that I like photography, although I still have so much to learn.  My only other passion is to share my knowledge with others.  This is what lead me to creating this new adventure, The Montana Craft Shack.
I began this summer in my home teaching just a handful of people of all ages the joys of crafting, from creating cards to learning to sew.  I now spend three days a week teaching others how to find their crafty bone.
Since we started this in June, I have begun to see the growth potential and I have also seen that my little home is just not big enough to continue this way.  I began the search for a space to grow in to.  However, the prices are CRAZY!  There is just no way to start a business without a LOT of capital, UNLESS I find a suitable place for a lot less money.
This is where one of my students, and friend, Pam comes in.  After discussing a great deal of this with her, she too felt the needs to grow and has a passion for crafting and working at home.  We both have families and this would be a way to make some cash without compromising our values.
She explained she has some space we could utilize, it just needs some work.
We began last week by mucking out the area and reorganizing her things to make the space work for our needs.

This blog will be a documentary of sorts as we go from a small little living room project to whatever God has in store for us.  I hope you will enjoy the trip as we ride along together with the ups and downs of creating a new business. 
Be sure to check back often for photos, laughter and super great crafting ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...I love me some love!